MAGNESIUM GLYCINATE CHELATE
Magnesium Glycinate Chelate is one of the best absorbed forms of magnesium. Each capsule provides 150 mg of elemental magnesium. This product should not cause any of the unfavourable gastrointestinal symptoms associated with magnesium supplementation due to the very stable chelate formed between two glycine molecules and each magnesium ion via a patented process.
• Bone health: The practice of supplementing solely with calcium, in the absence of required vitamin and mineral cofactors, may not have the intended effect of reversing or preventing bone loss. Magnesium is an essential element of the physical structure of bone tissue and helps contribute to maintaining healthy bones.
• Compromised digestion: Patients with compromised digestive function—such as those who have been on long-term proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) or other stomach acid-reducing drugs—may benefit from extra magnesium.
• Cardiovascular function: Owing to its role in muscle contraction and relaxation, and nerve conduction, magnesium may help support healthy cardiovascular function and blood pressure levels.
• Diabetes & insulin resistance: Research supports that magnesium deficiency is associated with, and may exacerbate, insulin resistance and diabetes. Magnesium plays a key role in insulin-mediated glucose uptake. Reduced intracellular magnesium concentration results in lower activity of the tyrosine-kinase enzyme required for proper functioning of the insulin receptor, which may contribute to insulin resistance.
• Chronic headaches: Migraine headaches and milder forms of headaches have long been known to respond to magnesium supplementation. Patients experiencing active migraines show rapid and significant relief upon intravenous magnesium infusion. For more practical long-term treatment, regular oral supplementation has also been shown to reduce the frequency of migraines.
• Bowel function/chronic constipation: Magnesium draws water into the lower GI tract, making stools softer and easier to pass.
Suggested Dose: Adults and Adolescents 9 and over: Take 1 capsule twice per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
|Each capsule contains:|
|Magnesium (Magnesium bisglycinate)||150 mg|
Other Ingredients: Hyprormelrlose, magnesium st·earate (vegetable source).